We are so happy you are considering making application for your child to attend Evangel Classical Christian School. We pray that each year the Lord will send the students and families who will be blessed by coming and who, in turn, will be a blessing to our school family.
ECCS is a covenant school, which means that at least one parent must be a Christian. We think this is important, as we seek to partner with like-minded families to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Therefore, ECCS uses an admissions process that allows us to more accurately identify and admit students from families whose spiritual and educational convictions are similar to those of the school. For more information, you should read the School's Statement of Faith, along with the information on this website that describes the classical Christian model or just call us at 205-216-0149 if you have any questions. ECCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin with regard to enrollment or hiring.
Once you have read the Statement of Faith and believe that ECCS may be a good fit for your family, the admission process goes through the following steps:
1. We recommend that you your schedule a tour before you apply. You may call 205-216-0149 to set up a tour. The best tours are during the school year, as our students and teachers are by far our best assets!
2. Complete a Waiting List Form. Once you have submitted your form and $50 non-refundable fee, you will able to apply during the Priority Application Period.
3. Submit an online application. Beginning in February, the Priority Application Period will begin and those on the waiting list may complete the application. The Open Application period begins in March for those not on the waiting list. A $425 Application/New Student Fee ($375 for applicants on the the Waiting List) is due at the time the application is submitted. We will refund $350 of the fee we are not able to offer your child a spot in his/her class.
4. Once the application has been submitted, please download and complete the supplemental forms. These forms will be outlined for you in an email which you will receive subsequent to submitting the application.
5. For students in first grade and above, copies of standardized test scores and academic records (report cards or transcripts) are requested prior to student testing (step 5).
6. Our Admissions Office will schedule entrance testing for your child. This typically takes 30 – 60 minutes for grammar school, and sometimes longer in the upper school. We will begin scheduling testing in March. Testing is conducted in order to confirm grade placement. See Entrance Test General Information for more details.
7. Our admissions office will also schedule a parent interview with board members, ECCS administrators, and/or EPC pastoral staff following the completion of testing.
8. Decision letters are typically mailed within one week of the parent interview.
For more information, please contact our Admissions Director Rachel Harrington or submit an inquiry by clicking here.